Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Fresh Start.

Oh hello there internets, fancy meeting you here. This is my newly constructed, pimped out, mother-bitch of a blog that is now 100% ran by yours truly. However, do not fret, this does not mean that my presence will be missed at my other logs of the Ethernet - the hilarious Columbosphere.blogspot.com and the immaculate Everyoneismental.blogspot.com will still be operational with our crack teams working tirelessly to entertain as always (even though there has yet to be a newly posted lol on Columbosphere for quite some time I must say). There a many reasons for the new interduds dear webternets:


A) I have officially deferred next year and desire to have a little corner of the internet to myself to help document my thoughts.
B) I do enjoy posting on the aforementioned blogs but would also like more private webterblog to operate in a more personal capacity.
C) I feel the urge to have a little consistency within my blog posts once in a while and I think that making the big move to step out on my own two feet could help to fulfil that wish.


But enough of the pleasantries loyal listeners, it is time to ease the suspense and tell you of the overarching purpose we have here a Embracing Escapism. While I have already been criticised for this blog initially sounding a tad "bitter" - which admittedly is the point I am trying to get across - the real aim of this site is for me to post things that I feel are worthy of spending our collective time on. That is to say: this will more or less be a sceptical analysis of various different things that are meaningful, profound, beautiful and generally amazing that I think one could justify spending time doing. These said "activities" could entail certain albums that I think deserve a listen or certain books that need attention or who knows, certain underwear that is just so comfortable to wear (I am partial to the bonds admittedly though I know I'm being a capitalistic, imperialist bastard by saying it). This is as much self-indulgence as a public service I know; just because I like something doesn't mean that you would necessarily be partial to it internets, but I'm going to attempt to find things that can be respected above personal taste. I'm going to attempt to be as sceptical as I can with all my choices - meaning they may not be the most consistent posts on the planet - while also giving my reasons for choosing each one.

I'm going to let my inner-sceptic play with my outer-nihilist and give you the best list of things to while away your time on.

This introduction has been a courtesy for you my dear friends, but in my next post you will all find out exactly why I love a certain album more than I probably should as you all finally learn the basis of my love for Kenickie as I analyse their first album "At the Club" and tell YOU why it is worth your very limited time.

Hope to see you soon my lovely little webternet,
MUCH LOVE!

No comments:

Post a Comment